Yarra Bend Park
Discovering Natural Treasure
Explore and experience some of natures' wonders along the Dights Fall Trail and Merri Creek Trail
Excursion: 2 hours
Suitable for: Students (Grades 7 to 12)
Themes: Science, Geography
More excursion details below...
Location: Kick off outside the Abbotsford Convent, Abbotsford
Cost: Min. $375 for up to 15 students, plus $25 per additional student
Max class size: 50 students
Time: 2 hours between 9.00am and 3.00pm (Time may be negotiated)
Other: No GST is applicable to the excursion for registered schools
What the students will get
- Explore, question and learn about the largest area of natural bushland near the heart of Melbourne.
- Understanding of the local rock formations, water system, flora and fauna.
- An opportunity to undertake fun activities.
What the students will learn and do
Excursion topics include:
- Land - Formation of Yarra Bend Park
- Use of the land through history
- Dights Falls – intersection of the Merri Creek and the Yarra River
- Water creatures – Activity
Creature Feature - 185 native species live in the park (Activity)